General Information
Phone Numbers
Fax: 973-410-5485
Emergencies: Dial 911
111 Ridgedale Avenue
Florham Park,

Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Animal Control & Pet Licensing

To report an animal control issue, please contact the non-emergency number for the Florham Park Police Department at: 973-377-2200.

It is very important that your pet wears his/her current registration tag for easy identification. If a dog is found to be loose, and the owner is not known or cannot be located, the dog will be taken to the designated holding facility. The owner will be responsible for any impoundment fees and/or veterinary services provided.


All dogs and cats that are at least 7 months old must be licensed each year by the Borough of Florham Park as per Chapter 96 and Chapter 108 of the Code of Florham Park. Dog and cat licenses must be renewed by January 1st of each year. N.J. state law requires that all animals must show proof of a current rabies vaccination that is valid through November 1st of the licensing year in order to renew. There are no exceptions. Per Florham Park Borough Code, 108-15, residents may only license three dogs.

Please click the link below to get a copy of the pet license application:

Pet License Application
Animal Cruelty
Animal Cruelty Penalties
Guide to Prevention of Animal Cruelty Laws



It is against the law in Florham Park to feed feral cats and other wildlife. Violators are subject to prosecution and fines.

To keep feral cats away from your yard:

1. Remove Food: Feral cats will stay in any area where food is plentiful. Avoid feeding your own pets outdoors and cover trash scraps securely to keep from giving unwelcome cats an easy meal.
2. Close Shelter: All wild animals need a place to sleep and to raise their young. Board up holes in sheds and garages, under decks and porches, or in simple shelters such as wood piles or window wells to avoid providing this shelter to feral cats.


Contact the Florham Park Police (973-377-2200) to report any dead deer in the roadway. If there is a deer carcass located on your property, it is your responsibility to arrange for its removal. This can be accomplished two ways:

Contact a carcass removal service to have the carcass removed at your expense.
Move the carcass to the roadway and contact the Florham Park Police to arrange for pick-up.


Unless it is known that the mother has been killed or injured, the public is urged to leave young wildlife alone. Most times, what appears to be an orphaned young animal is not, and the best thing to do is to leave the animal where it is found.


Dead birds are no longer tested for West Nile Virus. If you have a dead bird or any small animal on your property, wear rubber gloves and place the bird or animal in a garbage bag with the trash


If a usually nocturnal animal is out during the day, it does not necessarily mean that the animal is rabid. In the spring and summer it is not uncommon to see an adult raccoon out during daylight hours. In addition, while foxes are most active at night, they, like the raccoons, can be active anytime that food is available.

However, if there is a nocturnal animal out and behaving abnormally, call the FP Police at 973-377-2200. Abnormal behavior can be walking in circles, staggering and falling over, appearing disoriented, unusually aggressive or unusually tame.


Federal law, under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), mandates that businesses and organizations that serve the public must allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals into all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go. This federal law applies to all businesses open to the public.

For more information on the laws governing service animals, click here


The Morris County Mosquito Commission is the lead agency for mosquito control in Morris County. If you have questions or would like information on planned mosquito spraying, call 973-285-6450 or you may visit the Commission’s website at: for information on spraying and mosquito control.